Carter AFB (Aluminum 4 Barrel) 4 Barrel
- Used on all 426 Hemi engines.
- Used on the 383 and 440 engines before 1968.
- Replaced by the AVS in 1968.
- Edelbrock currently makes an AFB carburetor.
Carter AVS (Air Valve Secondary) 4 Barrel
- In 1968 Chrysler changed from the AFB to the AVS for all 4 barrel engines except the 426 Hemi.
- The AVS is very similar to the AFB but better for emissions control.
- Used on Chrysler engines from 1968 to 1971.
- Edelbrock currently makes an AVS carburetor.
Carter TQ (ThermoQuad) 4 Barrel
- The main body (float bowl) is made of black phenolic resin to keep the gasoline about 20 degrees cooler than a metal body.
- Used on Chrysler engines from 1971 to 1985.
- First used on 1971 340.
- Replaces the Carter AVS.
Holley 2 Barrel
- Used in a set of three in Dodge Six Pack or Plymouth 6 Barrel engines.
- The center carburetor is a Holley 2300.
- The outboard carburetors are special built secondary carburetors – i.e. no choke, no idle jet, …
Holley 4 Barrel
- Sometimes used in place of the Carter 4 barrel carburetors.